Strategic Academic Unit (StrAU) of Tomsk State University is a consortium of the university departments.
The activities of the TSU StrAU are aimed to establish a research, education and innovation centre of international standard which assures training for competitive specialists, to carry out a range of scientific projects and innovations in the selected breakthrough StrAU directions.
Tomsk State University is focused on the research on the welfare of whole society as well as separate individuals in connection with a new industrial revolution which is changing the economic landscape (on-demand economy), society structure (digitalisation, stratification, and inequality) and global humanity welfare.
The purpose of creating the StrAU Institute of the Human of the Digital Era is research, human resourcing and technological support for the individual and societal transformation processes on the way of transition to a new industrial order.
The basic activity areas of StrAU Institute of the Human of the Digital Era are based on TSU potential evaluation and the results of a science and technology foresight:
- Problems of the society in the context of current humanitarian and technological challenges, and political processes. The study is performed at the intersection of social, natural and technological sciences, including big data analysis;
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and decision science (neurolinguistics analysis, mathematical solutions in the face of information gaps);
- Digital Humanities issues devoted to heritage and digital documents preservation, and social robotics research;
- Human development and education in a digital society. This area implies research of the modern social, psychological, neurophysiological and genetic factors, as well as longitudinal cross-cultural genetically informative research in human development;
- E-learning, integration and promotion of knowledge about human and society.
StrAU IHDE major objectives in relation to global research and education agenda:
- Establish an interdisciplinary research and education center with an outlook for world leading positions in innovative methods of data analysis and machine learning, and in studying the impact of social relations between people on making rational economic and social solutions.
- Develop a range of technologies aimed at leveraging talent and academic performance in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) basing on the current research on the success factors in these fields and integrate these technologies into education.
- Joint not less than 20 leading international research and education organizations into a multinational collaboration under the umbrella of TSU and with it leading position in multidisciplinary research of biological, psychological and social factors of an early children development and diverse aspects of integrating this knowledge, achieve leading positions in two multinational collaborations.