Master’s Degree Programme
of the International Centre for Research in Human Development
«Human Development: Genetics, Neuroscience and Psychology»
- Master’s Degree in: Psychology
- Programme Status: Full-time with online distance learning technologies
- Programme Duration: Two years
- Language of Instruction: English
- Entry Requirements: The program is designed for students with a Bachelor, Specialist or Master degree in a variety of educational backgrounds (Psychology, Biology, Linguistics, Medicine, Mathematics, Education, Social Sciences, Information Technology and other)
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- For excellent performance in the entry examination and in the course assessments students may qualify for reduced fees. Further information is available here
- Subject Area: Interdisciplinary
- The International Centre for Research in Human Development at TSU provides scientific and research platform for programme implementation, and is a member of the International Network for Research in Human Development which provides a variety of resources and research opportunities including access to data of the large-scale cross-cultural research projects and other educational and research resources as well as supervision of the research projects by the leading Russian and international scientists.
- Interdisciplinary dynamic communicative environment.
- Courses taught by the leading researchers from our partner institutions.
- Research projects and practice at all stages of the programme implementation.
Relevance & Future of Research Directions
Investigations of aetiology of individual differences in human development at genetic, physiological, neurobiological and psychological levels (including cognitive, emotional and other characteristics) aim to contribute into understanding of causal relationships in the process of human development. This understanding would be important for improving the quality of education, medicine, psychological support and other resources available to support human development, mitigate possible outcomes of negative developmental trajectories and facilitate positive trajectories.
Cutting-edge scientific, research and educational directions
Modern equipment and experimental sites for molecular-genetic, neurophysiological, cognitive and other experimental psychological studies
Professional competitiveness of graduates in international academic labor market
Continuing professional development for practitioners
Programme Director: Yulia Kovas, Professor, Director of the International Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Investigations into Individual Differences in Learning (InLab), Goldsmiths, University of London (UK); Director of the Laboratory for Cognitive Investigations and Behavioural Genetics at Tomsk State University, Co-director of the International Centre for Research in Human Development at Tomsk State University
Why Choose our Interdisciplinary MSc Programme? Diversity of Opportunities & Resources to:
- Construct interdisciplinary knowledge and gain practice-based research experience, which will ensure competitiveness in the academic labor market.
- Gain experience while participating in international research projects.
- Pursue academic career in PhD programmes.
Practitioners who are receiving this Master’s Degree will be able to:
- Acquire new professional skills.
- Apply interdisciplinary knowledge about human development in practice.
- Implement research projects at current job placements (pilot projects, experimental platforms, testing and other).
Individual educational trajectory
Individual educational trajectories are supported by:
- Elective courses
- Involvement into interdisciplinary research projects of the International Centre for Research in Human Development at TSU
Entrance examination (in English):
- Interview (including portfolio with academic and other achievements)
- Exam in Psychology
- For overseas students: 15 January – 14 August 2018
- For Russian students: 03 April – 14 August 2018
International academic mobility in collaboration with partner organizations (e.g. Goldsmiths, University of London (UK) and many others).
- Interdisciplinary Study of Development
- Individual Differences
- Research Methods
- Behavioural Genetics
- Data Analysis
- Neuroscience and Cognitive Science
- Academic Writing, Publishing and Presenting
- Experimental Psychology
- Ethical, Legal and Societal Issues in Research
- Child Development Programmes
- Cognitive Technologies
- Language and the Brain
- Aetiology of Developmental Problems
- Linguistics in the system of natural science
Apply Right Now!
National Research Tomsk State University
The International Centre for Research in Human Development
Russia, 634050, Tomsk, Moskovskiy trakt, 8
MSc Programme Manager — Daria Matsepuro
Tel.: +7 3822 786 050
© 2017 Tomsk State University