Artificial intelligence (AI) and decision science (neurolinguistics analysis, mathematical solutions in the face of information gaps).
Main research directions
- Experimental studying role of motor and corporal experience in language stimulation processing, influence of perception on conceptualization on the mother and non-mother tongue.
- Cognitive analysis of grammar and vocabulary in Russian as mother and non-mother tongue (on different levels of bilingualism) including difficult formal and semantic structures.
- Influence of lexical and morphologic particularity of linguistic units on cognitive process of perception, conceptualization, and parametrization.
- Cross-cultural studying of idioethnic Russian singularity depending on perception, categorization and different types of bilingualism.
- Studying of age, gender and sociocultural distinctions and their influence on language origination and elaboration.
- Math modelling of linguistic and cognitive processing of language stimulation.
- Software elaboration accompanying psycholinguistic experiments.
- Formation of data bases for psycholinguistic experiments and linguistically divided parts of texts.
Development of national high-tech and software tool set for implementation of control systems for technological processes on the basis of free software (Government Decree №218).
Head of the project: Alexander Zamyatin, Doctor of Technical Sciences, head of ERC Computer Science and Technology, born in 1978
The main partner – EleSy Company
Experimental study of forms and methods of language – cognition interinfluence
Coordinator: Zoya Rezanova, Doctor of Sciences in Philology, professor of the Faculty of Philology
- Understanding interinfluence of linguistic and cognitive mechanisms on different stages of speech development, mother and non-mother tongue knowledge allows us to improve teaching of languages and to update communicative practice in significant fields including political, interethnic and professional communications.
- Math modelling of linguistic and cognitive elaboration of language and speech is a basis for improving automatic processing of texts.
- New York University
- University of Southern California
- EleSy Company
- Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution V.V. Vinogradov Russian Language Institute of RAS (in Russian)
- Department of Psychology, University of Turku, Finland
- Central and East European Centre for Cognitive Science and Department of Cognitive Science and Psychology, New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria