Master’s students from the Humanitarian Problems of Informatics Laboratory organize two workshops for pupils in the framework of the forum-competition “Educational foresight +20” on March, 21.
1 work shop: “Games with reality: VR and AR”
No doubt, technologies became an essential part of our life and what is more important they change it. For example, virtual reality technologies are going to rock our world very soon, according to the Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg. During our workshop you will know what a virtual reality is, how it is difference from augmented reality. How can these technologies be used? And what is more, how to create a VR object on one’s own?
- Khaminova Anastasia, Candidate of Sciences (PhD) in Philology, Associate Professor, Department of Humanitarian Problems for Informatics;
- Evgeni Maslov, Master’s student, Humanitarian Problems of Informatics Laboratory, 2 year;
- Daniil Khorshev, Master’s student, Humanitarian Problems of Informatics Laboratory, 1 year.
2 master-class “My first MOOC”
The learning process is dramatically changing and it will certainly be nothing about typical lectures and taking shorthand in the future. Nowadays a student may choose WHAT, WHERE and WHEN one wants to study! Why not? Massive open online courses (MOOCs) enables us to study any subject for free, in a convenient time and tempo. The courses are offered by leading higher education organizations of the world, such as Stanford University, Harvard University, MIT and hundreds more. At our workshop, you will learn what MOOCs are available today, how to search them, which MOOCs TSU produces. Moreover you will have a unique chance to shoot your first online course.
- Kristina Tanasenko, Master’s student, Humanitarian Problems of Informatics Laboratory, 2 year;
- Andrey Parkhomenko, Master’s student, Humanitarian Problems of Informatics Laboratory, 2 year.